Sunday, July 5, 2009

Buffet at Sibaraku

Sibaraku is located on the first floor in Mahkota Parade, Melaka Raya.

On the right is entrance to the japanese restaurant. The left entrance is for the buffet. I had expected an all-japanese buffet but it wasn't totally japanese. It was more of an Asian buffet with japanese, taiwanese and a little malaysian thai spreads.

The customers are seated in front of the teppanyaki chef. From a small menu, we could order our teppanyaki dishes directly to the teppanyaki chefs. Due to the fact that each and every teppanyaki chefs wore a mask covering their respective lower face, hearing them were a bit difficult for me. From the menu, we could order a variety of dishes - fish, chicken, beef, lamb, prawns, vegetables and even japanese "pizza". I liked the lamb with red capsicum. The black pepper chicken was good too. Don't try the "pizza" if you're not a fan of japanese mayo and sweet bbq sauce because it's topped liberally with them both.

From the Taiwanese corner, I recommend the shark fin and seafood soup (had two bowls). My friend liked the oyster noodle. The japanese corner has the usual fare of shushi though limited in variety. The dessert corner offers pudding, jelly, cakes etc. I liked the meringue. Because I was stuffed by then, I had to limit my meringue intake to a measly three. Wish I could pack those. There's free flow of drinks - soft drinks, cordial drinks and hot tea. All self service.

The cost is RM25.90 plus per pax. Discount for students. The cost per pax is lower after 9.00 pm. It's totally halal (pork-free). This is not an endless buffet. Customers are limited to two hours dining experience.

Went on a Friday evening. Not a big crowd but customers kept walking in. So. I'd suggest reach there before seven for a good seat. Make prior reservation if you are in a big group. The waiters and waitress are polite and friendly which is always a plus for me. When conversation is stilled, watching the chefs is a good way to pass the time.

No comments: